This page will serve as your guide, in combination with faculty and Epi SAS advising, as you navigate through your degree program.
Effective for Winter and Spring quarters 2020: PhD exams, both General and Final, can be conducted remotely by all committee members and the student and it is not required that a proctor be present with the student for exams conducted remotely.
The PhD Student Handbook describes the department's academic requirements and policies. You'll find course requirements, dissertation information, and lots of other resources available to you. Be sure to refer to the handbook from the year you entered the degree you're currently pursuing.
- PhD Student Handbook 2018 cohort
- PhD Student Handbook 2017 cohort
- PhD Student Handbook 2015 & 2016 cohorts
- PhD Student Handbook 2014 and earlier cohorts
The Degree Requirements Checklist is your guide to the curricular and non-curricular requirements of your specific Epi degree program. Be sure to refer to the checklist from the year you entered the degree you're currently pursuing.
- PhD Checklist 2019 cohort
- PhD Checklist 2018 cohort
- PhD Checklist 2017 cohort
- PhD Checklist 2015 & 2016 cohorts
- PhD Checklist 2014 and earlier cohorts
Scheduling Your Final Exam
We have put together some resources to help you as you prepare for and schedule your final exam. Topics include room scheduling, advertising the defense, room configuration, and how to get free parking and refreshments for your committee.