Friday, March 1
8:30 am - 9:30 am | Check-in and continental breakfast | South Campus Center, Room 316
9:30 am - 10:30 am | UW Epi Essentials | South Campus Center, Room 316
- Epi Department Chair, Stephen Hawes and Epi Graduate Program Director, Stephen Schwartz will share information about the Department, our programs and curriculum, the research/work of our faculty and students, and opportunities available to you as a UW Epi student.
10:30 am - 10:45 am | BREAK
10:45 am - 11:45 am | Breakout sessions by degree program | South Campus Center
- This session is designed for you to ask questions about your program in a more intimate setting with Epi faculty, current students, and staff.
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm | Lunch provided by the Department of Epidemiology | South Campus Center 316
12:45 pm - 1:15 pm | Student Research Presentations | South Campus Center 316
- Three current students will share research they've conducted throughout their time in the program.
1:15 pm - 1:30 pm | BREAK
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm | Research Fair | South Campus Center
- During this session, you will have an opportunity to meet Epi faculty members representing a variety of research areas. Use this time to explore your research interests, learn about the faculty member's work and research opportunities they might have. This is not the place to ask about funding, rather it's a time to get familiar with faculty you'd be interested in working with. Later in this session, faculty, staff and current students will be available to answer any remaining questions you have, such as strategies to find funding, life in Seattle and at the UW, student leadership opportunities, and much more.
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm | Guided Campus Tour | Leaving from South Campus Center
- Students will get acquainted with the UW Campus and buildings relevant to their degree program and student experience. The tour will end at our happy hour location.
4:15 pm - 4:30 pm | Walk as a group to Happy Hour | Epi student Commons (Health Sciences Building F257)
- For students who chose not to go on the tour, a group will be leaving from the Epi Student Commons at 4:15.
4:30 pm - 7:00 pm | Happy Hour (location TBD)
- Enjoy some food and drinks in the company of current Epi students.