Friday, March 6
8:30 am - 9:30 am | Check-in and continental breakfast | South Campus Center, Room 316
- Kick off day two of Visit Days with a continental breakfast and an opportunity to continue to mix and mingle with fellow Epi admitted students.
9:30 am - 10:30 am | UW Epi Essentials | South Campus Center, Room 316
- Epi Department Chair, Stephen Hawes, Epi Graduate Program Director, Stephen Schwartz, and Assistant Director of Student Academic Services, John Paulson will share information about the Department, our programs and curriculum, the research and work of our faculty and students, and opportunities available to you as a UW Epi student.
10:30 am - 10:45 am | BREAK
10:45 am - 11:45 am | Breakout sessions by degree program | South Campus Center
- This session is designed for you to ask questions about your program in a more intimate setting with Epi faculty, current students, and staff.
- MPH Students
- MS Students
- PhD Students
11:45 pm - 12:00 pm | BREAK
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm | Lunch | South Campus Center 316
- Return from breakout sessions and join us for lunch provided by the Department of Epidemiology.
12:45 pm - 1:15 pm | Student Research Presentations | South Campus Center 316
- Current students will give you a taste of the types of research going on in the Department through ignite-style presentations.
1:15 pm - 1:30 pm | BREAK
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm | Research Fair | South Campus Center
- During this session, you will have an opportunity to meet Epi faculty members representing a variety of research areas. Use this time to explore your research interests, learn about the faculty member's work and research opportunities they might have. This is not the place to ask about funding, rather it's a time to get familiar with faculty you'd be interested in working with. Later in this session, faculty, staff and current students will be available to answer any remaining questions you have, such as strategies to find funding, life in Seattle and at the UW, student leadership opportunities, and much more.
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm | Guided Campus Tour | Leaving from South Campus Center
- Join us for a student-led tour to get acquainted with the UW Campus and buildings relevant to your degree program and student experience. The tour will end at our happy hour location.
4:15 pm - 4:30 pm | Walk as a group to Happy Hour | Epi student Commons (Health Sciences Building F257)
- For students who chose not to go on the tour, a group will be leaving from the Epi Student Commons in the Health Sciences Building, Room F-257 at 4:15 PM.
4:30 pm - 7:00 pm | Happy Hour
- Culminate Visit Days and get to know current Epi students and faculty. No-host happy hour, light hors d’oeuvres will be provided.