How to Apply
Applications to the MS, MPH, and PhD program are reviewed once a year for entry the following Autumn quarter. The next admissions cycle will be for Autumn 2019.
October 1: First day the online application is made available
November 23: Last day to apply for an application fee waiver
December 1: Application and all supporting materials are due
January: PhD admission results sent via email
February: Master’s admission results sent via email
March: Admitted Students Visit Days
The UW Department of Epidemiology is currently revising its Application Instructions. A list of the basic materials needed for an application is below. Please check back in August for our updated, detailed instructions.
1. Unofficial transcripts from previous colleges and universities
2. CV or Resume
3. Statement of Purpose
4. Personal History Statement
5. 3 Recommendations
6. Official GRE scores (MPH and MS applicants with an earned MD from a U.S. institution are exempted. Applicants who have earned a foreign MD equivalent may be exempted if they are both 1) USMLE certified, and 2) concurrently participating in a University of Washington medical fellowship program.
7. Official TOEFL scores for applicants whose native language is not English (Official IELTS scores from an exam taken prior to June 1, 2017, but no more than 2 years old at the time of application, are an acceptable substitution)
8. Online application form along with application fee